Africa Team Internship
The Africa Intern(s) will work closely with the Africa team to develop various program areas. The Africa Intern will work closely with management staff on the VV GROW Fellowship and Supporting Public Advocacy for Regional Competitiveness programs.
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Washington, DC
Organization: Vital Voices
We are currently accepting applications for our Africa Program Fall Internship. Vital Voices Global Partnership believes in the transformative value of women’s participation in society. Our mission is to identify, invest in and bring visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities. Through leadership development and training programs around the world, Vital Voices works to expand women’s role in generating economic opportunities, increasing political participation, and protecting human rights. Our Global Leadership Network of women in 85 countries represents the vital voices of our time.
The Vital Voices’ Africa Program is looking for talented interns for August/September to December 2014. Positions are in Washington D.C. and are unpaid. The internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week commitment. Start date and end dates are flexible; with preference given to interns who can begin mid to end August.
The Africa interns will have the opportunity to learn about program development, current, pressing global women’s issues, and trends in regional and international women’s advocacy. Interns are an integral part of the team, and Africa staff members will work collaboratively with interns to develop their professional skills and knowledge.
- Attention to detail
- Interest in women’s rights and specific knowledge of Africa required
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Computer literacy, especially with MS Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities
- Ability to work creatively, independently and as a team member
- Social media management experience a plus
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience a plus
- Monitoring and evaluation experience a plus
- French, Portuguese or African native language proficiency a plus
To apply: Please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, a writing sample (preferably no more than 5 pages), and two references with contact information to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Use "Africa Internship – (Name)" as the subject of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls please.