The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered
in Kenya with country offices in Uganda and Tanzania. Our members are key stakeholders
and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors
drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and
promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains
so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminate barriers’ to regional trade.
Reporting to the Country Program Managers in Uganda and Tanzania, the successful
candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Keeping the reception area clean and tidy at all times
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Dealing with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail.
- Receiving incoming calls and making outgoing calls.
- Receiving incoming mail and dispatching outgoing mail.
- Maintaining a mailing list/directory for regular circulars and communication
- Maintaining and updating the suppliers and service provider’s database.
- Receiving visitors and directing visitors to relevant offices after clearance.
- Maintaining an updated filing system.
- Providing support in secretarial duties e.g. typing.
- Providing support in the procurement of services.
- Providing support in organization activities e.g. business fair, summit, conferences, field events.
- Organizing travel logistics for staff e.g. booking tickets and hotel accommodation
- Reporting any maintenance issues immediately including all furniture, fittings and equipment in the office.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Computer literate.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity.
- Highly organized.
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
If your background and competence match the above specifications, please send your
application demonstrating how your qualifications and experience matches our
requirements. It should include an updated C.V., your current remuneration package, valid
email address, daytime contact number and full contact details of 3 referees including day
time telephone number to: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th September 2014.